- Produced data-driven video ads from concept to delivery for 20+ games; developed and maintained best practices
- Increased video ad CVR 30%-150% through rigorous A/B testing; reduced ad costs by $5.4 million
- Coordinated with internal art teams and external creative partners to ensure creative cohesion across all campaigns
- Monitored creative KPIs to identify optimization opportunities and worked closely with UA team to implement ideas
I joined Storm8 in 2016 as their first and only internal video hire. I sat on the user acquisition team but worked cross-functionally with the design, product, business development, and analytics teams.
During my time at Storm8, I was responsible for:
- UA Video Production
- Conceptualized, animated, edited, and localized all video ads for all games
- Developed and maintained best practices for UA ad creatives
- Maintained and organized video assets library for internal and external use
- Captured gameplay from all titles on multiple devices
- Resized ads for multiple channels and placements
- Quickly iterated on winning ad concepts to maximize campaign efficiency
- Assisted Senior Manager with A/B testing
- Creative Analysis
- Reviewed weekly creative performance data from internal database and external partner reports
- Developed creative strategies based on performance data with Senior Manager
- Conducted competitor analysis using AppScotch (App Annie)
- Cross-Functional Support
- Created mock gameplay videos for Hasbro team, product teams, and business development team
- Created creative assets for business development team for Apple and Google featuring pitches
- Created app store videos for product teams
- Created in-game video cutscenes
- Misc. Creative Work
- Edited and produced various static assets, animated gifs, and
- Wrote VO scripts and directed voice actors in recording original audio for our ad creatives
- Led group brainstorm sessions for marketing, product, and design projects
In 2017, I was invited to present at GDC on how I used video to help Storm8's user acquisition team lower costs while improving campaign metrics (see details below).
In 2017, I was invited to speak at GDC about how I improved, scaled, and optimized Storm8's creative marketing initiatives. Following my appearance at GDC I was invited to present on the same topic at Digital Taipei in Taiwan later that year.
With the cost of user acquisition reaching all-time highs, developers need to be increasingly creative about finding effective and efficient avenues to attract players. In the last year, video ads have continued to drive higher install rates, lower CPIs and overall monetization for games; when done right. This session will discuss how to produce high-performing video ads through effective data testing, analysis and iteration. Using real-world campaign examples for game ads that "failed" and later succeeded, attendees will walk away with best practices on improving video advertising strategies to win the mobile UA race.